Methods and Techniques - Coring Techniques and
- Adam, K. M. 1978
Building and Operating Winter Roads in Canada and Alaska.
Environmental Studies No. 4. Environmental Division, Northern
Environmental Protection and Renewable Resources Branch, DINA,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. 221 pages.
AEU SCI CA1 R71-19/4-1978 (Gvt. Pubs.) See
pages 63-70 for information on travel over ice and formulae to
calculate thickness of ice required for certain loads. Ice
thickness should be carefully checked before venturing out to
- Cushing, E. J., and H. E. Wright Jr 1965
- Hand-operated Piston Corers for Lake Sediments.
AEU SCI QH 540 E19 Paper contains drawings
that could be used to machine a corer.
- Glew, J. R., J. P. Smol, and W. M. Last 2001
- Sediment Core Collection and Extrusion.
In Tracking Environmental Change Using Lake Sediments. Volume
1. Basin Analysis, Coring, and Chronological Techniques,
by W. M. Last and J. P. Smol, pp. 73-105. Developments in
Paleoenvironmental Research Volume 1. Kluwer Academic Publishers,
Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Moorman, B. J., and F. A. Michel 1997
- Bathymetric Mapping and Sub-bottom Profiling Through Lake Ice
with Ground-penetrating Radar.
Journal of Paleolimnology 18:61-73.
AEU SCI QE 39.5 P3 J86
- Reasoner, M. A. 1986
- An Inexpensive, Lightweight Percussion Core Sampling System.
Géographie physique et Quaternaire
AEU SCI G 1 R452 Descibes the "Reasoner
corer," a simple percussion coring system using plastic pipe and
- Reasoner, M. A. 1993
- Equipment and Procedure Improvements for a Lightweight,
Inexpensive, Percussion Core Sampling System.
Journal of Paleolimnology 8:273-281.
AEU SCI QE 39.5 P3 J86
- Smith, D. G. 1998
- Vibracoring: A New Method for Coring Deep Lakes.
Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology
AEU SCI QE 500 P15
- Wright Jr, H. E. 1967
- A Square-rod Piston Sampler for Lake Sediments.
Journal of Sedimentary Petrology 37:975-976.
AEU SCI QE 420 J86 The main sources for
information on the modified Livingstone piston corer, including
diagrams that can be used to machine one.
- Wright Jr, H. E. 1991
- Coring Tips.
Journal of Paleolimnology 6:37-49.
AEU SCI QE 39.5 P3 J86 Experience distilled
from many years of coring lakes.
- Wright Jr, H. E., D. A. Livingstone, and
J. Cushing 1965
- Coring Devices for Lake Sediments.
In Handbook of Paleontological Techniques, edited by B.
Kummel and D. M. Raup, pp. 494-520. W. H. Freeman, San Francisco,
AEU SCI QE 713 H23